Wednesday, August 11, 2010

in progress

So, I am turning in for now. I have done just over four hours of work on my piece, so I have a way to go for this challenge. I haven't been able to find out what time the designers get the challenge, though their finish time is clearly midnight. I know it is in the morning, but that's about it. Man, I should've asked Christoper Straub when I had the chance! I am assuming they start working by eleven or noon. I thought I would actually get to work on the bulk of my piece yesterday, but a dentist appointment and a class got in the way. Instead, construction began this evening. Many apologies for the delay!!

I have most of the hardest work done, but will have to cut out the skirt, and finish putting the pieces together. Here's a teaser of the focal point of my dress:


I am pleased with it so far, but cutting, pleating and stitching all those leather petals is tedious. I think Tim might be concerned about my progress, but I am sure he would tell me to "Make it work."

I did find out there was a twist, and nearly messed myself. I am behind my posting schedule due to vacation, and thought I would have to create a coordinating look or an interpretive dance about my look, which just might have killed me. Fortunately, the twist is a photo shoot! Except, I don't have access to the world famous photographer or a fancy studio. Guess I have to settle for the hubs and the front walk again.

While I don't have Tim Gunn, I do have this guy weighing in on my work, mostly by whacking me with his giant fluffy tail:

Overall, I don't think he is pleased. I took away the last bit of thread I found from the deconstruction of the last challenge, and have yet to give him any other playthings. Harumph.

Stay tuned for the big reveal! Will I finish in time? Will the photo shoot be an epic disaster? Will there be safety pins? All will be revealed soon!

2 comments:

  1. Very intrigued (found this through callboard). Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That collar is incredible! I can't believe you're doing it (but it looks teh sweet!)

    ReplyDelete